*Image via Michael Sinclair for House and Garden.
My Latest Snag: My NYE Outfit.
I have been eyeing a pair of these Sleeper feather-trim pajamas for several years but finally bought myself a pair in black, with the intention of styling the pieces a few different ways over the next two weeks. I’ll be wearing the top tucked into these jeans and finished with a pair of pearl-embellished Miu Miu platforms out to drinks with my girlfriends this weekend, and will then wear the entire ensemble for a Kacey Musgraves Christmas Cocktail party we’re hosting this upcoming week (I encouraged festive, spacey Kacey-inspired attire) as well as on NYE, and possibly also Christmas morning? These jammies have legs!
You can get the look for less with this Amazon set!
P.S. More feather finds here.
This Week’s Most Popular: Winter and Holiday Finds.
1. MERINO WOOL AND CASHMERE BLEND VERSATILE KNIT CAPE…THE PERFECT CLOTHING PIECE TO TRAVEL WITH, PLUS IT LOOKS SO CHIC WORN AS A SHAWL
2. BUTTON-FRONT BLACK CREPE LONG-SLEEVE TOP WITH BLAZER-ESQUE LAPELS AND DRAMATIC FEATHERED CUFFS
3. BEAUTIFULLY ILLUSTRATED CHRISTMAS VILLAGE SET OF TEN GIFT TAGS
4. DUSTY ROSE PLUSH VELVET TRAVEL-FRIENDLY ZIP-UP JEWELRY ORGANIZER
5. MEN’S BURNISHED LEATHER DURABLE LACE-UP ANKLE BOOTS WITH CONTRAST STITCHING AND REINFORCED TOE
6. PETAL-TONED GIFT SET OF HIGH-QUALITY LIP AND COMPLEXION PRODUCTS FROM WESTMAN ATELIER
7. BUTTON-UP OATMEAL TEDDY LINER VEST WITH LARGE FRONT PATCH POCKETS…SUCH A VERSATILE PIECE FOR LAYERING
8. NATURAL ROSEMARY GENTLE LICE PREVENTION SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER FOR LITTLES
9. CHIC MULTICOLOR FLORAL STRIPED DOUBLE-SIDED THROW PILLOW COVER
10. RETRO-INSPIRED NIKE SNEAKERS WITH SQUARE NUBBED TREAD IN VIBRANT YELLOW AND TURQUOISE COLORS
11. BABY PINK COZY SHERPA SWEATSHIRT WITH BUTTON PLACKET AND KANGAROO-STYLE FRONT POCKET FOR LOUNGING AROUND OR STAYING WARM OUTSIDE THE HOUSE
12. HOURGLASS-SHAPED WOOL AND CASHMERE BLEND CARDIGAN WITH A SUBTLE BELL SLEEVE AND RIB-KNIT ACCENTS
13. LONGLINE TAILORED DOUBLE-BREASTED V-NECK VEST IN HEATHERED GREY WITH CHIC WELTED POCKETS
14. LIGHTWEIGHT ECO-FRIENDLY COTTON PERCALE SHAMS WITH A THICK TURQUOISE BORDER FOR A SIMPLE, CLASSIC LOOK
15. NEON LIME GREEN ALLOVER CABLE KNIT SWEATER WITH A MOCK NECK
16. ORGANIC-SHAPED FLOWER EARRINGS MAKE FROM HIGH-QUALITY 14K GOLD AND MOTHER OF PEARL…SUCH A PLAYFUL AND UNIQUE ACCESSORY
17. SET OF THREE QUILTED TOILETRY BAGS MADE FROM A GORGEOUS HAND-BLOCK PRINTED COTTON FABRIC
Weekend Musings: Those Winter Sundays.
This morning, a quietly sobering reminder in the shape of a poem to be grateful for what I have while I have it. Acknowledgment — seeing people for their ministrations, their sacrifices, their unflashy gestures of care — goes so far. I already regret not telling certain people how much I have appreciated them while the time was right. In some cases, those people are now deceased. In others, I have let too much territory pass between us. Writing that out, I think: it’s never too late. If you have a minute this morning, listen to this poem read by the poet himself. It cinches.
Those Winter Sundays
by Robert Hayden
Sundays too my father got up early
and put his clothes on in the blueblack cold,
then with cracked hands that ached
from labor in the weekday weather made
banked fires blaze. No one ever thanked him.
I’d wake and hear the cold splintering, breaking.
When the rooms were warm, he’d call,
and slowly I would rise and dress,
fearing the chronic angers of that house,
Speaking indifferently to him,
who had driven out the cold
and polished my good shoes as well.
What did I know, what did I know
of love’s austere and lonely offices?
+Cute sherpa tote (under $40).
+LOVE the texture and shape of this sweater (and comes in four great colors!) to pair with high-waisted denim.
+I own this dress in a different pattern and it is just SO pretty. The red is interesting because I feel like it could work in basically any season — winter, fall, summer…
+A great striped basic.
+These shoes from new-to-me label Nomasei are fabulous.
+These lucite storage cubes are a great solution for makeup and medicine cabinets — I use two side by side for all of our medicine/first aid gear and keep it in the linen closet in our primary bathroom.
+Chic charging pad you won’t mind keeping out.
+Prettiest cardigan for a little lady.
+Ordered these glitter mary janes for mini.
+I shared these last week, but these Splits59 legging/joggers are on sale for $59. The silhouette is chic!
+This hooded tartan coat is adorable.
The post Weekend Vibes, Edition No. 301: Those Winter Sundays. appeared first on Magpie by Jen Shoop.